- Generate Action Plan
- Optimize Performance
- Discuss & Improve Cultural Conflict
- Personalized Feedback
- Identify Strengths and Growth Areas
- Customized Reports
- Optional Coaching Offered
- Executive & Leadership Development
- Maximize Talent & Resources
Diversity & Inclusion Coaching is a collaborative, one-on-one relationship between an individual and a coach, usually via telephone, with specific objectives and goals focused on developing potential, improving relationships, and enhancing performance.
At Jelani Consulting, LLC, we honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work, each is creative, resourceful and whole. From this perspective, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
Beginning with a personal interview (either face-to-face or by teleconference call), we discuss the client’s current opportunities and challenges, define the scope of the relationship, identify priorities for action to establish specific desired outcomes. Follow up coaching may be conducted in person or over the telephone, lasting between 30 to 60 minutes. Between scheduled coaching sessions, the client may be asked to complete homework to achieve one’s personal goals. The coach may provide additional resources in the form of relevant articles, checklists, assessments or models to support the individual’s or business’ thinking and actions. The duration of the coaching relationship varies depending on needs and preferences.
- Assessments: A variety of assessments are available to support the coaching process, providing objective culturally based information that can enhance self-awareness, as well as awareness of others and their circumstances; provide a benchmark for creating coaching goals and actionable strategies; and offer a method for evaluating progress.
- Core Concepts: A variety of concepts, models and principles drawn from the behavioral sciences and management literature including faith traditions and/or the arts and humanities may be incorporated into the coaching conversation to increase self-awareness and awareness of others, foster shifts in perspective, promote fresh insights, provide new frameworks for looking at opportunities and challenges, and energize and inspire forward actions.
- Appreciative Approach: We incorporate an appreciative, discovery-based approach, grounded in what’s right, what’s working, what’s wanted and what’s needed to get there. Using an appreciative approach, the coach models constructive communication skills and methods to enhance personal communication effectiveness. The appreciative approach is simple to understand and employ, and its reach can be profound, opening up new possibilities and spurring action.
Jelani Consulting, LLC staff use the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®)*, a premier, cross-culturally valid and statistically reliable measure of intercultural competence (Hammer & Bennett ,1998; Hammer, 2009, 2012). Taken either electronically online or on paper, the IDI is a 50-item instrument available in fifteen languages (Arabic, Bahasa Indonesian, Chinese, Czech, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish).
For a full description of the Development Model of Intercultural Sensitivity and the IDI measure, go to the following link: Measuring intercultural sensitivity: The intercultural development inventory
The Intercultural Conflict Style (ICS) inventory measures culturally-based communication and conflict style to help recognize one’s own culturally-based approach to dealing with conflict. The strategy to improve cultural competency would also include understanding others’ conflict style. Collectively, greater self-awareness and appreciation of other’s styles can aid attempts to manage stress, resolve disagreements, and reduce judgmental attitudes and behaviors.
Consider one of the Cultural Competency Profile & Roadmap packages below best matching your needs:
- Basic – Includes the intercultural competency assessment, customized profile and developmental plan, and a 45 – 60 minute one-on-one feedback session.
- Executive & Leadership Coaching – Includes the basic package plus four (4) bi-weekly or monthly 45 – 60 minute consultation meetings discounted, weekly email progress updates, consultations focusing on the developmental action plan, and referrals to available resources and information to facilitate your professional development.
- Per Session (A la cart) – Additional cost after completing required basic package includes bi-weekly or monthly 45 – 60 consultation meetings.
- Additional expenses – If extensive travel is required for feedback sessions, there will be additional costs (travel, hotel accommodations, etc.) to be paid separately.