Speaking, Talks, & Workshops
Jelani Consulting, LLC staff prepares customized training programs for half-day workshops and full to multi-day seminars. Generally, half-day workshops are up to three (3) hours, whereas full-day seminars are six (6) hours long. A series of multi-day seminars over a number of days or months can also be developed to match the needs of the organization. A thorough evaluation is highly recommended to provide a needs assessment to assure the best training program is provided.
Cultural competency training generally focuses on an array of topics such as diversity, communication, conflict resolution, inclusion, and social justice with the intent to increase productivity, encourage innovation, and improve services for increasingly more diverse clients or customers. There are also aims to better prepare professionals and college students as they plan trips abroad to international locations across the globe.
A comprehensive approach offers leaders the best opportunity to gain the most out of their intercultural experiences, adapt more effectively to other cultures, and, upon their return from abroad, effectively transition back into their families, workplace, and communities with fewer challenges.
- Identify Strengths and Growth Areas
- Discuss & Improve Cultural Conflict
- Individual & Team Feedback
- Half and Full Day Seminars Available
- Ongoing Consultation & Coaching Available
- Executive & Leadership Development
- Optimize Performance
- Maximize Talent & Resources
- Cohort-based Leadership Development
The Equity Turned Up Circle (Online)
Join this community of Equity Warriors as we face unapologetically numerous social justice challenges leading with race. Here is an opportunity to share a space, allow ourselves to be a little vulnerable, while seeking out and finding support. Join Now!
This heart, mind, and spirit work is not for the faith of heart. It also can get pretty lonely out there. We can face these obstacles that we navigate through each day. We might even agree that there is a time to take a short break from the madness.
Expect to see regular vlogs sharing ideas and experiences in the diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging space. Feel free to submit questions that will be answered by Dr. Kazique Prince, Founder and CEO of Jelani Consulting, LLC, based in Austin, Texas.
We expect to develop a global community of co-conspirators seeking and living out loud the shared responsibility to create a world where we each enjoy the fruits and benefit from our shared wisdom.
Unconscious Bias: Discovering Biases of the Well-Intentioned
This workshop helps participants better understand how unconscious bias influences hiring practices, evaluation, service implementation, and leadership styles. There will be an opportunity to improve decision making, diminish unconscious bias, and reduce micro-inequalities.
- Distinguish among diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency and their connection to unconscious bias
- Discuss past difficulties, limitations, or obstacles in recruitment and retention processes for underrepresented and educationally disadvantaged staff, faculty, and students
- Define unconscious or implicit bias to improve the recruitment and retention efforts as an alternative to simply avoiding bias or responding with only egalitarian values
- Identify ways to recognize unconscious bias and strategies for diminishing use of assumptions in decision making process.
- Recognize how unconscious bias influences one’s thoughts and actions
- Use promising strategies to reduce unconscious bias
Equity + Inclusion Interactive Lab
This workshop focuses on identifying practical ways to develop greater cultural competence. Specific interventions and engaging activities are provided to create the kind of change valued. Discover ways to reduce stress, feel more competent and confident, and take educated risks in developing cultural bridges, when appropriate. Avoid generalized interventions and focus on team or individual needs along a range of skills, knowledge, and abilities.
D+I Lab Covers the Following:
- Complete the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI), a reliable, research-based measure of cultural competence, used for individuals, teams, and/or organizations
- Learn how the IDI differs from traditional measures of intercultural competence
- Briefly review the cross-cultural validity and reliability research used in developing the IDI
- Receive a customized individual report and detailed action plan to improve your cultural competency
- Receive IDI feedback in non-judgmental environment identifying strengths and learning goals regardless of level of mindset
- Facilitated by an IDI Qualified Administrator